Dryer Vent Cleaning
The Importance of Cleaning Dryer Vents
Your dryer vents may be easy to forget, but cleaning them regularly is an important part of ensuring that your home is clean and safe for your entire family.
Some of the warning signs that your dryer vent may be blocked or obstructed include:
- Excess lint behind the dryer
- Clothes taking longer to dry
- No lint on the lint screen
- Excess lint or pet hair on clothing
- Lint around the door seal
- Unusually hot dryer and clothing
- Moldy smell
Risks of Obstructed Dryer Vents
There are risks with ignoring these warning signs and not properly cleaning dryer vents. These risks include:
- Home fire – the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) warns that malfunctioning or poorly maintained clothes dryers and washing machines are one of the leading causes of home fires
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning – gas dryers where the vents are blocked, obstructed or not properly maintained can cause carbon monoxide to build up in the home
- Mold Growth – blocked or obstructed dryer vents can’t effectively remove moisture as designed, causing moisture to be released into the home and possibly resulting in mold growth
Chem-Dry of Sioux Falls offers professional Dryer Vent Cleaning using specialized equipment including cameras and powerful extraction equipment to completely clean your dryer vents.
Don't just take our word for it
"Jeremiah was fantastic! On time. Efficient. Great value. Super pleased with the good work they did for us!"
"Was very satisfied. I will call them again and I recommend them highly. Jeremiah was very professional."
"They were great helped us out in a pinch and didn't charge us an arm and a leg. Very professional and kind."